Rebirth Rice Heirloom Thai Black Rice, 4lb/64oz, VACUUM SEALED | NON-GMO & Direct Trade | Farming Reference: We tell you where our rice grows
Rebirth Rice Heirloom Thai Black Rice, 4lb/64oz, VACUUM SEALED | NON-GMO & Direct Trade | Farming Reference: We tell you where our rice grows by Rebirth Rice at Wild Food Lab. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Where our rice grows SEED SAVED and NATURALLY GROWN in Phrao, a fertile valley surrounded by Si Lanna national Park in Chiang Mai province, Northern
SEED SAVED and NATURALLY GROWN in Phrao, a fertile valley surrounded by Si Lanna national Park in Chiang Mai province, Northern Thailand.
Do you grow GMO?
No. We support both heirloom and natural cross-pollination seeds and only source (DIRECT TRADE) from ORGANIC, SEED SAVING FARMERS.
Is black rice milled?
Partially, only the outer, inedible layer is removed ('husked' rice). Black rice is a WHOLE GRAIN with all nutrient-dense parts of the grain kernel preserved.
Black rice is a rich source of ANTHOCYANIN, a phytopigment and powerful antioxidant, which renders our grain deep dark purplish in a similar way it does with blueberries.
Is black rice gluten-free?
Rice contains NO GLUTEN and is an excellent starch for anyone with gluten allergy or sensitivity such as celiac disease.
Why shorter cooking times for this black rice variety?
Most Thai rice, like ours, is LONG GRAIN: tall and slim. When cooking rice, water reaches the core easier, hence shorter cooking times. One cup of rice takes about 20-25 minutes cooking time.
How long can black rice be stored?
Our rice is vacuum sealed with a SHELF LIFE OF 24 MONTHS.
Rebirth Rice is a start-up company founded in 2016 by a young couple. He is a physician, she loves to cook. Rebirth Rice is based in Chiang Mai, Northern Thailand.
Living here, we are constantly exploring regional food and our favorite kind of starch: invigorating, naturally pigmented rice varieties which we believe blend wonderfully with a healthy everyday life and whole foods diet.
We have partnered with an organic rice growing cooperative in Phrao district (nearby us) and we simply would love everyone to experience its delicious flavour and nourishing benefits!
Features & Highlights
- A heirloom, Thai fragrant black variety with a rich nutty flavour, seed saved and naturally grown in Phrao district, Chiang Mai province, Northern Thailand. You will fall in love with this indigenous, healthy whole grain which complements wonderfully each whole food recipe. Our foremost favorites: with Thai curry, stir-fry veggies, salad side dishes, mediterranean recipes, in ice cream, smoothies and pudding.
- Farming Reference - The rice you eat, we would like to show you where and how it's grown. each bag comes with a code you can enter on our website. Lab results published online as well.
- A wholesome staple food: a rich source of complex carbohydrates, insoluble fiber and mineral. A powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory!
- Distinctively a long grain: more fluffy, incredibly pleasing aromatic with shorter cooking time (20-25 minutes). Instructions: 1 cup of water to 1 cup of rice. Tip: to soften the texture some more, you could soak overnight before cooking or add more water.
- Current batch at Amazon arrived on July 20.
|Item Size:||4.33 x 6.1 x 6.1 inches|
|Package Weight:||3.95 pounds|
|Package Size:||5.1 x 4.4 x 4.4 inches|